- Artists will receive a $250 stipend for registered sculptures delivered on time to Mt. Morris.
- Sculptures become the property of ENCORE! Mt. Morris once payment is made.
- First Place Award: $500 for Best in Show (Public Voting).
- Artists Choice Award $300 (Competing Artists Voting).
- There will be wide area media attention.
- Create individually or with a team.
- The sculpture must be at least 90% straw on the surface. Burlap, jute, sisal, twigs, etc, may be attached. Minimal use of spray paint for highlights. (Inside framework can be any material.)
- Sculpture Size: minimum—6 ½ feet (height or length).
- Create your piece at home and then transport it to Mt. Morris by August 9th. If necessary, we’ll do our best to help with transportation, if notified in advance.
- Many methods of construction. The straw is basically wrapped with twine. Average time: 2 weeks to construct. Shop Lowe’s or other home centers for a bale or two of wheat straw. (About $7.) Click the Tutorial Link or email Tutorial@StrawUSA.com and request access to Fran’s tutorial for basic techniques and tips.
- Construct your sculpture to withstand high winds and rain. They will be tethered to the ground with thin cables. Tether connection points should be built into sculptures if required.